For Meraki MS355 Series switches.
All current Cisco Meraki products require valid licensing to operate. Furthermore, all licensing related operations can be performed from the Organization > Configure > License Info page of the Meraki Dashboard. For more information about the License Info page specifically, please refer to Meraki’s License Info Page article.
Having licenses allows your organisation’s cloud-based online Dashboard, hosted by Meraki, to connect to and configure & manage all your Meraki devices. Moreover, all devices are controlled under a single pane of glass in the dashboard.
- Cloud-based centralized management, eliminates on-site hardware controller
- Network-wide visibility and control
- Massively scalable, up to 10,000 APs
- Out-of-band control plane: network traffic does not pass through cloud, network stays up if connection to cloud is lost
- Powerful multi-site management tools
- Automatic RF optimization, network monitoring and alerts
- Seamless firmware and security updates
- Intuitive browser-based dashboard eliminates training and dedicated staff
Meraki license includes: access to 24/7/365 support, hardware replacement under warranty, future firmware releases, one-time fixed cost for your network.
New features come at no extra cost—and there are no per-user license fees.
License Start Date
In addition, licenses start consuming time from the date purchased, not the date they are added to an Organization.
Note: Waiting to activate a license in Dashboard does not delay its activation date. No time benefit gained from delaying an activation.
MS Licensing Options
Additionally, the MS Switches have licenses on a per-model basis, so every MS model has a corresponding license, which includes variables such as number of ports and PoE availability. Finally, please note that these licenses are non-transferrable between different switch models.
Back to MS350 Series Licenses