The Cisco Meraki MS425-32 is a Cloud-Managed Aggregation Switch.
Cisco Meraki offers a broad range of switches, built from the ground up to be easy to manage without compromising any of the power and flexibility traditionally found in traditional enterprise-class switches. Meraki access & aggregation switches are all managed through an elegant, intuitive cloud interface, freeing administrators to spend less time on configuration and more time on meeting business needs. To set up a Meraki switch, just plug it in; there’s no need for repetitive, command-based configuration, and switches can be up and running within minutes of connecting them to the network.
A powerful centralized management interface gives administrators deep visibility into the network and how it is used. See which switches are near capacity across hundreds of sites. Quickly provision and reconfigure switch ports with security, QoS, and more. The Meraki dashboard provides unified policies, event logs, and monitoring, making it easy to manage network deployments without sacrifice.
OVERVIEW: The Cisco Meraki MS400 Series brings powerful cloud-managed switching to the aggregation layer. This range of 1 and 10Gbps fiber aggregation switches adopts the benefits of the cloud: simplified
management, reduced complexity, network wide visibility and control, and lower cost for campus deployments.
EXPANDING CLOUD MANAGEMENT TO THE CAMPUS: Cisco Meraki MS425-32 aggregation switches extend Meraki’s cloud management to campus deployments. Just like our access switches, these aggregation switches are built from the ground up to be easy to manage without compromising any of the power and flexibility traditionally found in enterprise-class switches.Meraki switches are managed through an elegant, intuitive cloud
interface, rather than a cryptic command line. To bring up a Meraki switch, just plug it in; there’s no need for complicated configuration files — or pre-staging.
INDUSTRY-LEADING CLOUD MANAGEMENT: Cloud management has a number of benefits that make it easier to build campus networks:
• Centralized management that allows you to manage your entire Meraki network stack from campus aggregation to your access layer (wireless APs, switches, firewalls).
• Stack for high density fiber aggregation and manage up to tens of thousands of ports from a single pane of glass.
• Layer 7 OS, client, and hostname fingerprinting.
• E-mail and SMS (text) alerts upon power loss, downtime, or configuration changes.
• Role-based administration and automatic, scheduled firmware upgrades over the web.
• Regular feature updates and enhancements delivered on demand from the Meraki cloud.
• True zero–touch provisioning.